Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Diamondbacks 4, Marlins 3



Chase field in Phoenix is a pretty nice stadium... its a shame they dont draw many fans anymore. Last night had an attendance of a little over 19,000, which didnt even fill the lower deck of the stadium. I managed to snag a foul ball during batting practice, bringing my total for the trip up to 4 and tying me with Matt.

It was a snooze-fest, as most National League games are. There wasnt a terrible amount of offense in the game, which is unfortunate for Dontrelle Willis. He's a great pitcher on not such a great team... maybe one day he'll make it up to a winning team.

Northern and eastern Arizona was beautiful... a lot of mountains and canyons, which was an interesting contrast to the desert we had been in that morning. Unfortunately we missed a lot of the cool scenery because it was dark, but we have deadlines to meet and Denver is calling our name.

2 comments:

Christine F. said...

My co-worker tells me Denver is gorgeous. Hopefully it's as great as he claims it is.

Anonymous said...

NOT JUST DENVER, I HAVE NEVER HEARD A BAD THING ABOUT THE STATE OF COLORADO.